Water Solutions: Past, Present and Future
An Arizona Project WET and SRP STEM Academy for 4th-8th grade teachers
An invaluable week of discussion, thinking and learning where we will explore using:
- Core Ideas
- Cross Cutting Concepts
- Science & Engineering Practices
You will be tasked to develop solutions to the question:
“If you were SRP, how could you use your 100+ years of experience to manage water for our growing desert city’s next 100 years?”
- Develop and use models to identify parts of a watershed, simulate the effects of hot crown fires on runoff, and produce energy to do work.
- Engage in argument from evidence to describe the relationships between surface water and groundwater.
- Analyze & interpret tree ring data and relate the evidence to watershed management.
- Construct explanations and design solutions to efficiently and effectively produce energy and do work.
- Obtain, evaluate, and communicate historical information and evidence and apply it to discover solutions for the future.
Only 30 seats available. You must apply to be considered for this 5-day opportunity. Submit your application today! Link below.
- 30 hours of professional development
- $250 stipend upon completion!
- Project WET Curriculum and Activity Guide 2.0 (NSTA-recommended)
- Healthy Water, Healthy People Water Quality Educator's Guide
- Discover a Watershed - The Colorado Educator's Guide
- Arizona Conserve Water Educator's Guide
- Continuous support from APW coordinator